Friday, March 8, 2013

My secret diary

When we were in Perth for CNY, my eldest sister asked us to go through the stuff we left in her shed. While digging through boxes of items, I saw my old diary. I remember mum bought it for me after we watched the Disney cartoon, Aladdin in the cinema. How long has it been? *counting fingers & toes* I took my diary back together with many other things of sentimental value. 

The diary was locked but with my cleverness, i opened it easily with a pair of scissors. Sorry kid, the lock is only for decoration. If you think your secrets are safe in there, then you have been misled. Your parents and siblings, best friends and even the maid have probably read your mind while u are gone :S I'm sure this didn't happen to me because being an insecure person who trusted no one and even with the lock, i still found it necessary to hide it haha.. well, at least that is what i think la :P


Author: Jennifer
Type: Autobiography



The other night, i made myself a cup of tea and sat down to read my diary. Wow, the diary was written when I was 14?! My first year living in AUS!  I couldn't even recall some of the happenings! Is this why people keep a diary? The other day, Jane told me that as time goes by, she found herself slowly losing some of the past memories... Sometimes I do found myself in that situation too. It's like, one person is only given that amount of storage to keep her memories. Once it's used up,  older memories get deleted automatically to make way for new ones. Hmmm... Or is it a sign of aging? >__<   

My diary really made me laughed and teared. Teared because i recalled how  much I missed my parents, my younger brother, hometown, friends and old life back home.... And how i struggled to adapt to new environment and life and how much i went through to concur my struggles... I laughed when I read about happy moments which I spent with my family and school friends and the day my eldest nephew was born. I cried when i recalled sending my parents off... 

I have forgotten how my sister used to bully me and made me do stuff for her in exchange for a ride to school. And how i fought with Jane for the bean bag in the TV room and that we actually woke up at 630am on cold winter mornings to watch Garfield! And while my parents were away, we had fried rice everyday and made sandwiches as lunch to bring to school. And that we had to cycle to school in the cold rain and fought through the strong wind. We even had to control our spending to ensure continuous supply of food & utilities. And how we kept checking the mailbox (not the cyber space one but the wooden one in front of our home) everyday hoping to see a letter from friends back home. Everything started to come back to me... Half way through my own diary, i found an envelope. I opened it and found a top secret written by me! haha, funny! Well, since it's a top secret, i can't tell u what i wrote :P 

Am publishing more than 50% of what used to be my secrets in this blog! Oh gosh, the 14 yo me would be furious if she found out! haha... 

I don't write a diary anymore. Hmm, maybe I just don't have secrets anymore haha... However, i am grateful that I have this blog to keep track of some of the happenings and thoughts in my life.. so that when my oldER data gets deleted from my 'hard disk', at least i have this blog to refer to... And if i ever have children and grandchildren, they could read through this blog to learn how their great mother and grandmother lived her life haha... Who knows? There might be interested publisher who would like to spend their hard-earned money to publish my blog into a book...! OK, i think a little bit too much haha....  but in case it did become a reality, please support by buying a few copies! Thank you in advance!


3 comments:

lj said...

remind me of my diaries as well, start from age 13...maybe i can write a post also! heh!

i wonder how many kids still write diary in this old school way.

the publisher of your blog must be very rich first to do that :p

jenn said...

Please write! I would LOVE to know what u wrote in your diaries!

Hmmm... maybe they keep e-diaries?

u meant only rich publisher doesn't mind wasting their money to publish loss-making book? ouch! am so heartbroken to hear this leh..*sob sob* but u could help to ensure profit making by buying many many many copies! tq! luv u! hehe... i would autograph all your books! hehe...

baby jane said...

wei wei...i can access blogspot on computer liao..yay~~~ so happy

ya, i got my diary also, not yet read..will tell u the content after that..must be very interesting..hahaha